Saturday, September 16, 2006

GARDEN BEAUTIES

Well, I felt the urge to go out and shoot something, just didn't have much time, so I found these in my backyard. I don' t usually shoot flowers, because, well, everyone does that. But it was good practice, and I am still testing the camera trying to decide if it's me or if it needs to be sent in. These were shot with cloudy skies, so there's no hot areas to clip really.... The camera did fine, it just seems to fail under real bright light. anyway, here's a couple shots for the day.

6 Comments:

Blogger Chad Oneil Myers said...

So Beautiful. They would make great gifts framed.

10:15 AM  
Blogger JAM said...

I like the top one, but the bottom one is magnificent. The colors are so deep and rich like with slide film. The DOF is just perfect, with the flowers up front in focus and the ones in the rear just a blur of purple. My eyes keep being tugged back to the 'front' of the image. This photo has a gentle, relaxed mood. Looking at it, I get the same feeling as when going outside either in the morning or evening during that time where you just want to sit, relax, look, and smell the air.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Susan Jones said...

wow!!
pop!

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful vivid color...great color contrast shot:-))

12:31 PM  
Blogger Cergie said...

Oh ! It's the time of michaelas daisy in my garden too.
Yours are particularly gorgeous, they are so purple !

4:59 AM  
Blogger Wingnut said...

thank you to everyone! I think it was the evening light that really brought these out for me. Funny, they definately are not my usual subjects, but I may start shooting more flowers now! It was fun. thanks again for all of your comments, it means a lot to me!

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home