Tuesday, December 19, 2006

"HUM" A LITTLE TUNE


This morning we woke to frozen frost everywhere. Everything was a gorgeous white. After driving my hubby into work so I would have the 4X for the day, (Besides the fact that he possibly has a broken knee, to be looked at tomorrow) I came home and took the camera out for a quick spin.

While the thermostat read 28 degrees, I found this little guy sitting up in our star magnolia, just a singing away happy as can be. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I think I will set up my tripod and wait for them to come to the feeders today, maybe I will get a good shot, since they are not shy in this cold, the need to eat frequently overcomes any fears they may have had.

I hope everyone is comfy and warm out there!

8 Comments:

Blogger Ash said...

Excellent image!

7:59 PM  
Blogger Maggie said...

Excellent capture. A hummer in the snow. I have never seen another like it. Although, I have seen a few flitting around our place but have never been successful at capturing them. Guess I should put out feeders.

We are due for another storm tonite or tomorrow. Hope you all stay warm and dry, if it hits your area.

9:02 PM  
Blogger JAM said...

This is a great shot. I really like the perspective too. I don't think I've ever seen a picture of one perched like that. I've only seen them around a feeder or flowers with their wings blurred.

Definitely warm and comfy here in the Sunshine State. We're supposed to hit 80F here again today.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Monterey John said...

Poor guy! Merry Christmas to you all up there where it SNOWS.

BTW. I just did that MyBlogLog thingie. Looks interesting.

8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome bird shot!

11:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amnazing shot

2:12 AM  
Blogger Cergie said...

Oh ! A great capture, how is it possible, perhazps this bird was so freezed that it was unable to fly away ?

12:25 PM  
Blogger Wingnut said...

They must acclimate to the cold Cergie, there were two when I frist started shooting, and eventually they both flew away. :)

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home